We look forward to your school's participation at this event. The competition is a lot of fun and your students will meet, share experiences, and compete with other students from various parts of New Jersey.
Be sure to sign up for the event location (North/South) that you are going to.
This is for the NJ Olympics South Jersey. The other event is NJ Olympics North/Central Jersey.
This year's events are:
1. FERMI QUESTION: To estimate the order of magnitude of a quantity that is difficult or impossible to measure.
2. GRAB BAG: On the day of the Olympics, the team will be given supplies to build a device that solves a challenge.
3. COLLAPSING TOWER: To cause a domino from a tower of dominos to land in a collapse zone as far away from the base of the tower as possible.
4. PENNY CANTILEVER: To build a penny cantilever that extends as far as possible off of a table without any attached supports.
5. GREATEST ACCELERATION VEHICLE: Construct a four-wheeled vehicle, propelled using only the energy supplied by a mouse trap(s), which will transport the greatest load with the greatest average acceleration.
6. COFFEE CAN RACER: Design and build a coffee can racer that will roll down a ramp in the greatest amount of time.
Detailed rules can be found on the website under the "Events" section. To stay in touch with rules changes or post questions, go to the "Forum" section of the website. You can subscribe to topics of interest to you to receive updates.
Signing up is free for members.
Each team that you bring must be registered as a Guest--do not forget to register your teams !! (2 teams = 2 guests; a team = 1-6 students).
The costs are $26 per team for Early Bird registration (on or before December 15).
After 12/15, Regular registration will cost $37. Final deadline: Jan 7, 2018.
You should see an invoice for payment when registered. If you don't, you need to add your teams as "Guests".