We look forward to your school's participation at this event. The competition is a lot of fun and your students will meet, share experiences, and compete with other students from various parts of New Jersey.
This is for the NJ Olympics South Jersey. Be sure to sign up for the event location (North/South) location that you will be attending. The other event is NJ Olympics North/Central Jersey.
Because of Covid restrictions, we will limit each school to two teams & two teacher chaperones. Please no spectators, i.e., students, teachers or parents.
During the competition, participants will need to wear a mask as per NJ guidelines.
Morning refreshments will be provided as in the past. Teams may bring lunch or have lunch delivered to the school.
This year's events are:
1. FERMI QUESTIONS: To estimate the order of magnitude of a quantity that is difficult or impossible to measure.
2. LONGEST CANTILEVER: Design and build the longest cantilever segment using only spaghetti and glue.
3. PENNY BRIDGE: Design and build a bridge constructed solely of pennies.
4. COLLAPSING TOWER: To cause a domino from a tower of dominoes to land in a collapse zone as far away from the base of the tower as possible.
5. SPAGHETTI WIND POWER LIFTER : To design and build A device that will lift a 375 gram load through a vertical distance of approximaetely one meter in the minimum amount of time.
6. SPAGHETTI MARSHMALLOW TOWER: To design and build the tallest tower that can support a load of 375 grams.
Detailed rules can be found on the website under the "Events / Physics Olympics 2022" section. Link here. To stay in touch with rules changes or post questions, go to the "Forum" section of the website. You can subscribe to topics of interest to you to receive updates.
Please print Media Release forms for students/parents to sign, and bring signed forms to the competition. Winning teams are photographed. Students with release forms will be included in the photographs of winning teams. Forms can be printed out from rules page.
Signing up is free for members.
Each team that you bring must be registered as a Guest--do not forget to register your teams !! (2 teams = 2 guests; a team = 1-6 students).
The costs are $30 per team for Early Bird registration (on or before December 19).
After 12/19, Regular registration will cost $40.
Final registration deadline: Jan 8