We look forward to your school's participation at this event. The competition is a lot of fun and your students will meet, share experiences, and compete with other students from various parts of New Jersey.
Be sure to sign up for the event location (North/South) that you are going to.
This is for the NJ Olympics South Jersey. The other event is NJ Olympics North/Central Jersey.
This year's events are:
1. FERMI QUESTION: To estimate the order of magnitude of a quantity that is difficult or impossible to measure.
2. GRAB BAG: On the day of the Olympics, the team will be given supplies to build a device that solves a challenge.
3. COFFEE CAN RACER: To design and build a coffee can racer that will roll down a ramp in the greatest amount of time.
4. THE CATAPULT: To design and build a catapult that will launch a penny.
5. THE EGG CATCHER : To construct a device (catcher) of minimum height into which a raw egg will be dropped from a height of not more than 14 feet and that will enable the egg to survive intact (uncracked).
6. ZERO IMPACT VEHICLE: To design a vehicle which, when released from eight meters from a wall, will move as close as possible to the wall without touching it.
Detailed rules can be found on the website under the "Events / Physics Olympics 2019" section. To stay in touch with rules changes or post questions, go to the "Forum" section of the website. You can subscribe to topics of interest to you to receive updates.
Signing up is free for members.
Each team that you bring must be registered as a Guest--do not forget to register your teams !! (2 teams = 2 guests; a team = 1-6 students).
The costs are $26 per team for Early Bird registration (on or before December 17).
After 12/17, Regular registration will cost $37. Final deadline: Jan 7, 2018.
You should see an invoice for payment when registered. If you don't, you need to add your teams as "Guests".
Payment in advance required.If using school invoice, please pay in advance, and a refund will be sent to you when your school check has been received.