We look forward to your school's participation at this event. The competition is a lot of fun and your students will meet, share experiences, and compete with other students from various parts of New Jersey.
Be sure to sign up for the event location (North/South) that you are going to.
This is for the NJ Olympics North/Central Jersey. The other event is NJ Olympics South Jersey.
For your students to appear in any NJAAPT publications, they must complete and bring to the competition the NJAAPT Media Publication Release Form. This is new for the 2020 Olympics.
Please note that there is a deadline for Event 6, The Pringles Package, of December 4, 2019.
This year's events are:
1. FERMI QUESTION: To estimate the order of magnitude of a quantity that is difficult or impossible to measure.
2. GRAB BAG: On the day of the Olympics, the team will be given supplies to build a device that solves a challenge.
3. NEWSPAPER BRIDGE: To design and build a bridge that will support the greatest weight per gram of material used to construct it.
4. THE PAPER BOOMERANG: To design and build a paper boomerang that returns the greatest distance.
5. HOOKED CARTESIAN DIVER : To design and build hooked cartesian divers that will retrieve different types of hooked sinkers in the least amount of time.
6. PRINGLES EVENT: To design the smallest container that will enable two Pringles chips to be sent through the U.S. Mail without damage.
Detailed rules can be found on the website under the "Events / Physics Olympics 2020" section. To stay in touch with rules changes or post questions, go to the "Forum" section of the website. You can subscribe to topics of interest to you to receive updates.
Please print Media Release forms for students/parents to sign, and bring signed forms to the competition. Winning teams are photographed. Students with release forms will be included in the photographs of winning teams.
Signing up is free for members.
Each team that you bring must be registered as a Guest--do not forget to register your teams !! (2 teams = 2 guests; a team = 1-6 students).
The costs are $30 per team for Early Bird registration (on or before December 16).
After 12/16, Regular registration will cost $40.
Final registration deadline: Jan 8, 2020
You should see an invoice for payment when registered. If you don't, you need to add your teams as "Guests".
Payment in advance required.
If using school invoice, please pay in advance, and a refund will be sent to you when your school check has been received